The lack of school work and the increased number of overtime at work this month has made me exceptionally lazy lately. When I actually am home, I dont feel like moving around much.
Here it is, Jan 28 and my Christmas tree is still up! Partly because Im lazy, partly because when I am home it is either raining or (like today) snowing and I have to pull all the boxes out of the storage closet on my deck. Not an easy task in the wet.
My little bit of creativity, you can see below. I had to make a baby shower invite to hang up at work and it needed to be done in the middle of a stretch where I worked 7 12 hour shifts. I think it was after day 4.
Inspiration being low, I headed to Debbie Olson's blog, Thinking Inking, and settled on the first thing to catch my eye, this card and it's layout.
Simple enough! I quickly printed up the details onto a piece of vellum, and grabbed the nearest stack of paper with a boy theme, and WALA!!
Cardstock: SU!
PP: DCWV stack from JoAnn's
Stamps: SU!
Punches: Marvy and SU!
Ribbon: SU! and May Arts
Around this same time, a large order I had placed with Stampin' Up! showed up as well as my order from Inkspirations (who, might I add, still has 40% off all their stamps!) with ZERO time to play! I did, however, have plenty of time to unpack and at least oogle everything that came. (see second picture)
See all that pink at the bottom of the pile?? That is for Miss (insert baby girl name here since they changed it from Abigail to who knows what now...lol) Swan's products for her birth announcements in May. I haven't started yet, but they liked this layout so Ill be working with it. It's a card that I did for Mother's Day last year and it photographed really nicely! :)Check out all that rubber! It was soooooo fun sitting by a fire with the tv on and scissors in my hand putting all those sets together. And then (to my surprise) the last few sets were diecut! And you know I just fell in love with those sets for that very reason! The rubber pops right out, you peel off the backing , stick it to the wood and you're ready to go!
The metal tin is filled with SU!'s new felt flowers and they are soooo pretty! I need to break them out and play with them sometime tonight :)
Next week I have a 5 day stretch off and I promise to share some stuff then, if I don't make it back before then. At least one of the days I hope to be taking down the Christmas stuff! LOL And another one weeding out and rearranging my stamp room. Something I've been saying I was going to do for a month!


0 comments:
Post a Comment