Thursday, May 29, 2008

Back home

I probably don't have any readers now that this place has gone blank for a month, but just incase there are a few of you hanging out there, I thought I'd tell you I am home. I left Modesto at around 7:30am yesterday and didn't get home until 10pm. That's the longest it has EVER taken me to drive home. I usually make it home in a little over 12 hours. I guess the 15 minute stop in Walmart (waiting for Sonic to open, since we don't have them around here) set me back a bit. Then there were the MULTIPLE potty trips I had to keep taking, which is unusual for me too. I tried not to drink much on Tuesday, but I guess it didn't help.
Anyway, the trip was WAYYYY too long and boring. I was tired of driving by the time I hit Sacramento (90 min into the trip). Usually that doesn't happen until I hit Portland (2.5 hours from home).
My cat was a TOTAL pain the butt last night from me being gone for a month. Before I came home I stopped and picked up some Orange Chicken from Panda Express. And hour after eating it, I was in the bathroom throwing it up. Don't know if it was the chicken or just the days travelling/eating catching up with me. Anyway, needless to say, I wasn't up to the task of cuddling and entertaining the cat. Which he most definately wanted to happen. He walked around meowing constantly and bringing every toy he owns and dropping it by the bed. When he'd finally get into the bed and I'd think he was going to sleep, he'd sit purring loudly and "massaging" my head with his paws. His paws with 1 month of nail growth that becomes razor sharp. So I spent all night yelling at him to either lay down or get away from my head or move his feet....lol Of course, now that I'm awake, he's sleeping soundly next to me, with his cute little face resting on his paw. Brat!
I can't wait to get back to card making! I made 10 cards while in CA, for a swap Im hosting that ends this weekend. I should have something for you on Monday or Tuesday. I'm back to work tonight for the next 4 nights. Any extra time I have this weekend will probably be spent playing with my Wii Fit that is sitting down in the rental office right now :)
Have a great weekend, if there are any readers out there. I'll try to get some pictures posted soon. My niece was born the day after my 30th bday (but made my bday by 3 min here on the west coast!). Her mommy doesnt want her pictures on the internet, but I have to sneak one on here to show off, right? She's absolutely beautiful! And pulled all the Italian blood that her daddy could give her. She's only got mommy's blue eyes and her pouty lips!

0 comments: