Wednesday, July 16, 2008

26 years old. I can't believe it!


Today is my little brother's 26th birthday.
I can't believe it!
I don't even feel 26, so how can he be that old?!?!?
This photo was taken of him in May with his brand new baby girl.
I'm so incredibly proud of the man that he has become. When many guys his age would have walked away from the "unwed daddy" thing, my brother stepped up to the plate and took care of business. You can truly tell that he loves his little family, and that baby Hannah has him wrapped around her little finger. Watching him with her brought tears to my eyes. My brother has never been one to handle babies. If he got handed one, he had that ackward, stiff appearance and wasn't sure what to do. What a transformation to see him hold his daughter with confidence. He talks to her in a soft, sincere, loving voice.
I lost contact with him for several years. The lack of communication between my mother and I also distanced Vince and me. He's a momma's boy through and through, so when I made the decision to cut my mom out of my life (we reconnected in May, don't worry) I also lost my brother.
Little Miss Hannah has brought so much to the family already and she doesn't even know it.
I'm glad that my brother is back in my life. Even if it is hard to get ahold of him!
And because of that, I decided to start sending cards again.
This one was done with SEI papers, MM brads, and a $1 stamp from Michaels.
I stamped the image on vellum and then flipped it over and colored the opposite side with my Copics. Flipped it over again and colored in the candle with a clear Spica Glitter Pen.
Ticket punched the corners, then layered the vellum over top and used my paper piercer to pierce the edges.
Although fairly flat except for the brads, and (I thought) protected from the mail system by an extra sheet of paper in the envelope, my brother said it was mangled by the time it got there :( But he appreciated the thought....lol
Happy Birthday Vince! I hope you're able to do something special today :)

0 comments: