Monday, July 7, 2008

I had a great 4th, how about you?

No pictures to share, because I went to my BFF's sister's house out in the middle of nowhere, where they lit off a few fireworks. I barely had my camera out, especially once it got dark, I just wasn't that interested in the picture taking and all the work of lugging out the huge camera!
But I had a great time with their family. I'm lucky to have found a best friend that has a family that loves to welcome new members. I seem to fit right in, and nobody ever makes me feel like an outsider. :)
After cooking out, having a couple of Mike's, a round of Corn Hole, and a few fireworks, my BFF, her family, and I headed back to her house and went to bed. I slept a whole 2 hours. Apparently I've started a bout of insomnia. The next day we got up and putzed around for awhile, then we headed over to Lake Goodwin (not our picture) with their boat, a wake board, and a 3 person tube. My BFF's brother did the wake board. I was too chicken! He then jumped on the tube with my BFF and I. I've never been tubing before so it was a new, fun, and frightening experience! I was the only one without a life preserver on (I'm a good swimmer!!), and I thought I'd be fine because I love the water. But a few rounds on the tube crashing into the two foot waves the boat was making and I called it quits. I just kept picturing myself being tossed from the tube and going under and not being able to get up because of the waves. So the kids jumped on and went a few rounds before the weather started to turn and the water got too choppy. We headed back home where I ended up spending the night again. Why? My BFF convinced me that I should stay and help her out in her yard. Thinking it'd be some lawn mowing, a little weed pulling, and maybe some flower planting, I said "SURE!" Wrong, was I. We were out there for 5 hours, the weather was PERFECT!, and pulled 5 trailer fulls of weeds! They have A LOT of land! And that was just focusing around the foundation of the house, and quickly going thru some other areas of the front yard. I thought I wouldnt be able to move today, but it's not too bad. Just incase though, I lazed around all day ;)
Then I started thinking about tubing. And started looking at life vests. That got me thinking about my swimsuit (that I've had for 7 years) and how I *need* a new one! (not really). Looking around online and I found this cute one that got rave reviews......


So I bought it. :D Followed by this....


I liked that the suit said it has "thigh tamers" because I definately need something to tame these things...LOL! And on the life vest, I liked that the front dips down a bit so I won't feel choked by the vest while wearing it.
Now hopefully it gets here by the weekend! My BFF's birthday is on Thursday and Sunday they are having a party at the beach on Lake Goodwin. No more tubing for me unless the life vest comes!!
Hmmm....maybe now I need to look for some matching swim shoes....lol
I promise, eventually I'll have some cards to post here. I need to find my PS disk to download the program again so I dont have to work so hard to get pictures uploaded.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

stumbled upon your blog through "Stampin When I Can". Your work is beautiful.

patty
www.paperpiecingpatty.blogspot.com

Mary said...

Hello. I saw where you (or someone) stopped by my blog...which led me here. Great blog you have. You take great pictures. I love this bathingsuit. Where can I find one? I definitely need the thigh tamer too! LOL

Mary

Mary said...

Okay, I'm totally laughing now. Is this the Kelly from the stamp shack?

Mary