ATC love! That's all I can say.
About a year ago Thanh and I had a discussion about ATC's
and if I remember correctly, I stated "What's the point!?!"
I truly didn't see the point in spending your time and materials trading these
little things. Then she convinced me to join an ATC swap.
Where, I admit, I had fun working on something so small that I was able to get done
so quickly. And then I forgot about swaps for awhile.
Until this spring.
Until this spring.
Now I find myself not only joining ATC swaps, but hosting them!
These are the 3 that I have due currently.
ATC #1 is for a swap that Im hosting....a girlie girl them.
Papers are Prima, girl stamps are TAC (I think), saying stamp is Verve Visual,
gems are Offray (from Walmart), ribbon is Offray.
I also used my Spica glitter pen to color her shirt,
and paper pieced her pants with the Prima Paper.
ATC #2 is going ALLLLL the way to the United Kingdom!
She's on her way there now!
She's for a Little Ladies ATC swap.
Last month while on the plane to Chicago I was looking thru
some card magazines and spotted
this ribbon weave on a card.
I knew I wanted to do it,
and as soon as I saw the cute little dress on this stamp set,
I knew that's what I needed to do.
The stamps were sent to me by my previous Secret Sister.
Aren't they adorable!
SU! cardstock. Ribbon is SU! and May Arts.
Image colored with Copic Markers (a gift from my current Secret Sister :) ).
Finally, ATC #3 was done for a swap that Thanh is hosting.
Under the Water is the theme.
I dug into my SU! sets that I haven't used in awhile and came up with
this fishy :) I made the hook,
and used the "grass" from a Verve Visual set to make the seaweed.
I colored the fishy with Spica Glitter Pens and then pop dotted him for dimension.
Next swap due is a little duckie ATC swap (waiting for supplies now) that's going to the Netherlands! :o Followed by a ribbon swap...Yummy!
Then, I'm caught up till August :-)





4 comments:
I am very impressed Kelly, not only on you finally updating your blog LOL, but also on the wonderful ATC's you created.
I had my doubts over that cute set I sent you, but as it was totally English ( made and bought here) I just had to send it to you.
At least I will always remember my very first Secret Sister swap at the Stamp Shack and the fact that you never guessed it was me !!
Kelly... they're fab atc'sand I really love the one thats coming all the way over this side of the puddle...
Have to agree these ATC's are wonderful and I esp adore the hard work done on the weaving on the girlie one.
I'm excited that I'll be getting one of each of these ATCs kelly. I love the paperpiecing on your girly girl swap.
Post a Comment