Saturday, April 19, 2008

9 days and counting!

My vacation can't come fast enough!
I've developed a case of "vacationitis" and the only cure is for April 28 to get here very quickly!
The weather is really bumming me out lately. I'm ready for summer! And the fact that I get to go to "summer" in a few days is making it worse. Couple that with the fact that we have a snow storm blowing through and I'm ready to pack my bags and move!
Yesterday afternoon, about 4pm, I woke up to what sounded like someone throwing little stones at my bedroom window. When I looked out it was hailing. The snow (yes, there was a light dusting on the ground) had turned to pea-sized hail. It hailed for a good 20 minutes and then turned to full out snow. By the time I left the house 50 minutes later we were in blizzard conditions. White out stage. In that time we had about an inch drop. I stopped at the grocery store for dinner and by the time I came out we had about another half an inch. We're talking 20 minutes in the store TOPS, people!
Around 8pm I heard that we were supposed to get up to 7 inches by 5am. Shortly after that it stopped snowing here at work. I also heard that my neighborhood had 5 inches by 7pm, so I can pretty much bet that I'm going home to at least that in a couple of hours.
BLECH!
To top it off, on my way to work I was talking to my dad (in IL) and he was out on his deck. It was 72* there!!! I've had no desire to move back to IL until last night....lol

0 comments: