Sunday, April 6, 2008

Spoiled again by my Secret Sister

Monday, the ONLY thing in my mailbox was this GIANT 6x9 envelope stuffed to the gills with lots of goodies from my Secret Sister. Lots of neat stuff in there including several unmounted stamps, one wood mounted stamp, card/envie sets, big paper scraps, some applique items, epoxy stickers, and some other small stuff.

She's been watching me that's for sure! And noticed that "cutesy" is my comfort zone. So everything she sent me was exactly the opposite! :o And my challenge was to do some things with a vintage feel to them. I have such a hard time with that style. I think it looks amazing, but I have a hard time achieving good results.

This first card is my favorite of the group I think. I dont think this is what she had in mind though, because it's still very linear. I tried though! And you'll see a better attempt if you check back tomorrow to see a tag I did :)

Isn't this a pretty stamp? This is one of the unmounted stamps.
I stamped her with the Marvy ink that sweet SS provided and then colored in the hat, flower, and lips with Prismacolor pencils. I went over the flower edges with a clear Spica glitter pen and over the lips with the red Spica glitter pen.
The pretty sparkly ribbon was also included as well as the epoxy sticker.
I used my SU punches to create a base for the sticker.
Paper and card base also provided by SS :)
Thank you sister for the wonderful products. I hope these make you smile :) Check back tomorrow to see more!

1 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

You rocked the house on these challenges! I love what you did! That girl is so neat!