Friday, April 4, 2008

Another swap down....and a hint of spring!


Well my miniature daffodils have been up for a couple of weeks now, and the fruit trees started to bloom their pretty little white or pink flowers and then we had a few days of snow (snow in MARCH in EVERETT?? Crazy!!!) that set them back.
But no fear! In February I put up a swap with a spring theme. I love when stuff starts to bloom, and I love blooms on my cards!
In honor of our poor little fruit trees and their shrivelled up blooms, I used the Artfully Asian set by SU! to make these branches.
My attempt here was to make it look almost like a photograph in macro mode, with the hint of other branches of flowers in the background. Didn't work exactly as planned but it was fun to do! I stamped the branches in Purely Pomegranate, then covered the paper in Lil' Davis clear glitter glue. Before the glue dried I added a layer of tissue paper that I had cut to size and crumpled up before placing it. Then I stamped another branch in Versamark and sprinkled with SU! gold embossing powder. I then went back with a water pen and inks and colored in. Mounted on matching cardstock and placed on a card front that had been embossed with a Cuttlebug folder. I used my Scor Pal to make the two lines at the bottom. The tag was cut with a Cuttlebug die and stamped using some acrylic stamps I can't remember the name of. I tied the tag on with SU! ribbon. I also used a clear Spica glitter pen to write over the sentiment to give a little sparkle too.

0 comments: