
Last summer my friend and I packed up our Fords (my Escape, her Expedition) with lots coolers, tents, chairs, firewood, and kids and headed about 20 miles north of where we live to Wenberg State Park for 5 nights of camping. I hadn't been camping in a VERRRRY long time and she hadn't been in awhile also, so it was going to be an experience. I am happy to report we had a BLAST! Although I spent most of my down time studying for a Anatomy and Physiology mid-term during that trip, it was still quite relaxing.
Mega girls only trip here too! Me and my friend and 3 of her 4 girls went along. My best friend lives near the park also so she showed up a couple of the days with one or both of her girls in tow. And my friend's daughters had friends arrive too for a day of swimming in the lake.
Summers in the PNW are pretty mild compared to other areas of the country. We are generally happy to make it into the mid 70's. The entire time we were camping it was soooo warm. Into the upper 80's most days and full sunshine. We had one day of cooler 70* temps, but it was at the end of time there.
The unpacking and setting up was a blast! The packing away was depressing as we would have loved to stay for another week :(
And now that the weather is attempting to get nicer, and I've been reorganizing my storage closet on my deck with my Christmas/camping stuff....I'm itching to get out there and do it again!
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner made on a campfire.....does it really get better than that!?!
This view here is heading down the path towards the lake. The great thing about camping in Western Washington is the tons of trees that create beautiful scenery, protection from direct sun rays, and a feeling of security by being tucked in tight between each big trunk.
This summer will probably bring us travelling a bit farther to central Washington for warmer weather and new scenery.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Itching for a camping trip
Posted by ~Kelly at 06:51
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment